Posted by USB2U on 17th July 2014 | Permalink
You could have the most aesthetically pleasing Promotional Memory stick, some highly interactive data, accessories galore, but all this good work can be diminished if it does not have appropriate packaging or no packaging at all.
One of the key things to consider when ordering Branded USB Memory sticks is how these are going to be handed to the end users and the impact and statement you want to make. The right packaging not only protects the USB memory stick, but it also shows them off in their best light, offers print space for additional branding, storage for the user and the opportunity to add other items within the packaging such as a leaflet or business card.
Packaging for USB Memory Sticks - Availaible from USB2U
There is now a plethora of packaging options for you to consider that can be clustered into the following:
No / or Basic Packaging. If you already have packaging to insert the Branded Memory Stick into then they can be despatched with no packaging. However you should ensure they are either placed into individual bubble bags or in trays to avoid them scratching.
Small Cardboard Box. This entry level box protects the USB memory sticks and is very cost effective. Most suppliers will provide these free of charge. Looks great printed.
Boxes with Windows. These are ideal to show the Branded Memory Sticks off in their full glory as the branding can be positioned to appear in the window.
Tin Boxes. These give the Promotional Memory Drive greater gravitas and make ideal executive gift boxes.
Wooden Boxes. These are really in vogue and work particularly well with wooden memory sticks. Great option for the Photography Market.
High Gloss Boxes. Looking for something which allows for a large expanse of print and in full colour? These would ideal.
Blister Pack. If the Branded Memory Sticks are for retail use then blister packaging may be the solution. It allows the memory sticks to be displayed and a printed card inserted.
Other things of note:
– All boxes can be printed or engraved with a logo or marketing message.
– Make sure the size of the packaging will allow for any accessories e.g. Branded lanyard.
– If foam is used to hold the memory stick in place then ensure this is cut to the exact profile.
– Ensure that you order your packaging with the memory sticks otherwise the cost will be higher.
– Suppliers are now offering packaging in recycled material – worth asking.
If you have ever had the opportunity to open a brand new Apple product you will know the important role packaging plays in the perceived value of the product and quality of what’s inside. A useful rule of thumb for your Branded USB Memory sticks.
Posted by USB2U on 1st November 2010 | Permalink
First impressions really count when is comes to Branded USB Memory sticks. However good the Memory stick looks, the impact can be lost if it does not have appropriate packaging or no packaging at all. One of the key things to consider when ordering Branded USB Memory sticks is how these are going to be handed to / used by clients as this will have a bearing on the type of packaging to use. It is not just the initial impact that is key, but how memory sticks are stored after use. The following is a list of options that will help you to decide which is the most appropriate packaging to use. No packaging. Ok there is the odd time to skip the packaging, for example if they are being inserted into another delivery vehicle e.g. fulfilment pack. However, do ensure that your supplier places the branded Memory Sticks into individual bubble bags or in trays to avoid them scratching in transit. Small Cardboard Box. This entry level box protects the customised memory sticks and is very cost effective. Most suppliers will provide these free of charge. These can be printed for great impact. Don’t expect users to keep these, as most will be filed away in the bin as soon as they are opened. Boxes with windows.
magnetic box and window tin packaging for branded usb flash drives
These are ideal to show the Branded Memory Sticks off in its full glory, as they can be positioned to appear in the window, so no need to print on the box. These come in both cardboard or metal material. Tin Boxes. These gives the Promotional Memory Drive greater gravitas and is an ideal executive gift box. They can be engraved or imprinted with a logo or marketing message that links in with the Branded Memory Stick. It also offer more room to add a neck tie, key ring or printed insert. Price can be expensive so shop around! Blister Pack. If the Branded Memory Sticks are for retail use, then blister packaging may be the solution. It allows the memory sticks to be displayed and a printed card inserted, with a marketing message or to simply show off the Memory Stick in its best light.
blister packs for branded usb memory sticks
Other things you may need to be aware of: – Make sure the size of the packaging will allow for any accessories e.g. Branded lanyard – Ensure that you order your packaging with the memory sticks, otherwise if these are shipped in separately you would be charged duty on the shippment. – Suppliers are now offering packaging in recycled material – worth asking. – Remember the bigger and heavier the packaging the more it will cost to ship the Branded Memory sticks in.
Posted by USB2U on 20th October 2010 | Permalink
There are two schools of thought on whether you should put your printed USB flash drives in a gift box or not with the pro-box lobby being keen to ensure that the USB drives not only look the part but have a real impact when handed out. There’s no escaping the fact that branded USB flash drives look better boxed up, they look more like a “proper gift” and the when handed out the they create more of an impact.
USB Gift Boxes
Whilst most branded USB flash drives are supplied as a minimum in individual “poly” bags these are designed to protect them from bumps and scathes in transit rather than adding anything to the overall aesthetic. If you are simply going to remove the flash drives from these bags and incorporate them into your own presentation pack then any packing over and above the “poly” bags would be a waste.
But, if you are for example handing out the branded USB flash drives to delegates or speakers at a conference, or to prospective customers or high net worth clients then gift boxes or presentation tins really are a good idea. Gift boxes can also accommodate any lanyards, key rings or other marketing material that might be appropriate. Giving these items away in a single gift box simply looks better and is less clumsy than handing them out separately.
You don’t have to spend a fortune on USB gift boxes either. In some cases suppliers of branded USB sticks will offer a plain white gift box free of charge. Other options include plastic “snap” boxes with magnetic clasps and metal tins (with our without a cut-away window). If you really want to go the extra mile you can also get the boxes or tins printed to compliment your USB sticks and your advertising campaign or event.
USB Printed Gift Boxes
The anti-box lobby typically cite the waste associated with the supply of boxes and tins, which will, in most cases, just end up in the bin. It’s not just the waste of the boxes and tins but the additional air miles the additional energy that is used in manufacturing them and transporting them around the world – 99% of all gift boxes supplied to house branded USB flash drives are imported from China. So, if you have a company that is in any way involved in environmental or green issues or is sympathetic to them then it might be best to avoid what some might consider as “unnecessary packaging”.
If you would prefer to see your branded USB flash drives in a box then at USB2U we offer a wide choice ranging from free plain white gift boxes to custom blister packs and metal tins. Just give our team a call and chat through the options – we’ll even pay for the cost of the call.
Posted by USB2U on 23rd June 2009 | Permalink
1. Choose the right stick : There is nothing better than a product that looks like it has been designed for purpose and nothing worse than one than one that is not fit for purpose. Material, shape and colour options are the fundamentals to consider
2. Choose the right capacity : There is a delicate balance between choosing the correct capacity and the budget available for your Branded USB Memory Sticks. The cheapest sticks are normally the lowest capacities and these are often used as promotional giveaways. If you want to add company data to your branded USB, it is important to make sure that there is sufficient space, not only for this data, but also enough space remaining to make the stick functional for the user. Its all about balance – there’s no point paying for memory that you don’t necessarily need to promote your product or company effectively.
3. Choose the right logo : This may seem strange considering that you would normally use your corporate branding but how you apply this logo to the memory stick is vitally important. The size, positioning and colour combination within the logo can improve the effectiveness of its visual impact.
4. Choose the right branding options : Spot printing is not the only option. Logos with colour blending can now be printed using digital print technology. Laser engraving on metal-cased sticks is a professional looking, long lasting option and embossing on leather USB’s are a couple of other ideas that more and more people are starting to use
5. Choose the right artwork : Providing the artwork in the correct format is essential to ensure that the quality of the branding on the finished article is of the highest quality. Vector shape logos are by far the best quality and never lose any sharpness irrespective of how big or small you make the logo. These logos are normally found in EPS or AI format
6. Choose the right packaging : If you USB Memory Stick is a “corporate gift” then it will look more impressive in a great looking box or tin. If its simply a promotional giveaway then as a general rule you don’t need to go to the additional expense of packaging.
7. Choose the right accessory : Key rings, karabiners and lanyards are always great ways of enhancing your branded product by making it more functional and easier to carry. In the case of the lanyard, this too can be branded to increase your marketing potential.
8. Choose the right timeframe : Please, please, please leave your self enough time when considering a purchase of Branded USB memory sticks. They are not produced overnight and in the majority of cases they are manufactured in the Far East. This means you need to allow at least 14 days from the approval of a graphic proof to the production and delivery of your final product. However in some cases, suppliers will hold blank stock, which can be printed but be prepared to pay more to have them branded locally
9. Choose the right price : Surely the cheapest price is always the right one. This is not the case and there are certain factors to be consider when investigating prices for your branded USB memory sticks. Firstly, is the chipset in the USB brand new, don’t be afraid to ask. Secondly, does the price include a warranty, if so how comprehensive is it? Finally, does the price include all of the costs, i.e. Artwork setup, production and delivery?
10. Choose the right company : Last but certainly not the least important is choosing the right company to supply you with your Branded USB memory sticks. It is of utmost importance that you choose a reputable company that has an established reputation in the marketplace. There are far too many people trying to make a ‘quick buck’ from unsuspecting customers so don’t be afraid to ask for testimonials from companies they have supplied to. Pre and post sales support from designated account managers will help to ensure that whole process runs smoothly and you are provided with the correct information from the outset.